Friday, February 5, 2010

zEkE...

Zeke is growing up! I must say I'm not unhappy to see the baby grow out of this kid. He's a lot happier being able to do a few more things for himself and he's got personality galore! These are some of the things he's been up to...

*He has decided he hates the high chair, he likes to sit at the table with the boys and feed himself. He get VERY mad if I try to help him. Fun for him...messy for me. My day includes a LOT more sweeping than it used to, but he seems to be eating better now that he's taken feeding himself into his own hands.

* Naps are few and very far between. I don't know what it is about my kids, but it seems like when they hit 18 months they think they don't need a nap anymore. I assure you they do and bedtime comes earlier on the days they don't.

*The other day I was calling him from his room to come and get a diaper change. He runs in the room, sticks his fingers in his ears and his tongue out at me, makes a funny sound, and runs away. (Pictured above) Where did this come from?!? I later found out Derrick was coaching him on the "Funny Face". Naughty!

*I can't seem to keep this kid cleaned up. Along with feeding himself comes the obvious messy face, but this boy takes the cake (and smears it all over everything!) It doesn't matter how many baths he takes a day he still seems to be messy. He jumps in puddles and walks through mud at the playground. Gets in the butter in the fridge, anything messy and you know Zeke is behind it. I've given up hope of having a clean kitchen and now I'm just striving for somewhat sanitary.

He's a little ball of fire and we love him to pieces!

No comments: