Our little Derrick turned 5 today! He is growing up so fast! He said, "Today was the best day of my life! Mom!"
He woke up to a pile of presents and a new bike!
This is what our little Derrick looks like most mornings...he's always got some sort of glasses or costume on the minuet he gets out of bed. It's hilarious!
We went to Jumpin' Jacks with all the kiddos to celebrate and Derrick invited his "best pal, Jack." They had a great time. It was a VERY HOT day...even the little guys were sweating from all the jumpin' and running! Yuck!
Dustin met us there after work. He had them all going crazy jumping and running and playing ball. He's a big kid at heart!
The kids were fearless going down the big slides. They would jump and flip as they went down. Scared me to death. Zeke was the only one who did it the "mom way"...sit down first then slide. LOL!
Such a happy kid! So full of life!
As birthday cakes go I admit I am no good. I try...I have good intentions, but it is not an art I posses. I got this idea off of google and it worked out pretty good. Derrick was impressed and that's all the matters right? I've learned with enough "M's" as he calls them and candy bars you can impress even the toughest food critic (a.k.a. Alex...LOL!) He was very impressed and what it lacked in looks it made up for in chocolate!
We cam home from jumping and had a pizza party with all the timmings! We are so glad Derrick is in our family. He is a riot! Love you Derrick! Happy Birthday!











No comments:
Post a Comment