Sunday, July 10, 2011

Let Freedom Ring!

I love LOVE LoVe the 4th of July!  It is one of my favorites!  I love the heat (well at least the heat that's not so hot in Fillmore LoL!)  This year we went to Dustin's parents and we had a ton of fun!  Here's what we did...
 Because the actual 4th of July fell on Monday we had the whole weekend to "Gear Up" for the parade!  DenniAnn and Kristi helped the kids make all their cute shirts and bags.  By the time parade morning arrived they were dressed to the nines and VERY ready for the candy!  So fun!
 Getting ready for the flag to walk by.  Derrick was a good sport, even though he argued the point that his heart was on the other side.  Yes...Dustin is picking his nose...on purpose.  Found this out after I downloaded the pictures to the computer! Sigh.
 Getting ready for the candy...they can hardly wait!
 Making a mad dash for all the goods...What Fillmore lacks in floats they make up for in Salt Water Taffy...Yummy! It's funny how the kids are at different stages.  Dallin has finally figured out how to grab all you can and stuff it in your bag later, while Zeke would try to put each piece neatly in his bag and then move onto the next.  He didn't get as much as Dallin.  LOL!
 They were very serious about watching for the next float...so cute. 
 Here comes "Yogi Bear"!!!  I will never live that down!  They toss out the best Frisbees!  We look forward to them every year...so does Cloey.  She can't help chewing them all up!  They drive her mad.
 Hanging out in the yard after the parade counting the loot. So Fun!
For the second year in a row now I have made all the kids P.J's.  I have to admit I am impressed with myself yet again for getting all the sizes just right without being able to measure anyone.  They are so cute and the kids love them!  We get them all washed up after playing in the dirt all day and put on their new jammies and head to the park for fireworks.  This works great sense most of them fall asleep there after diving uner the blankets because they are scared.  So fun having all these cute kids together.  The boys loves thier cousins!
 Does it get cuter than this?  Say cheese!
 Funny Faces!

 Four Cute Boys!
Awe!  Last year we got a cute pictures of Shannon giving Zeke a kiss so we tried again this year...Zeke was not impressed, but he was a good enough sport to let her give him a little love.  These two are a riot together.  A very fun age.  Great pals
I consider these little gals my own.  They are darling.
 Zeke is loving getting his picture taken right now.  Every time I have the camer out he begs me to take a picture so he can see.  This is one of my favorites.  He is getting so big...I can't believe he's almost three!
 Dustin and the pupps...what can I say...he's an animal guy.  Do you think we could get anymore black dogs????
 We spent most of the weekend on the tramp...I am happy to report my bladder survived the trama LOL!


No comments: