This week we had the fun opportunity to help get ready to welcome home our neighbor Elder Mathew Smith off his mission. The kids have made a great friend out of Matt's mom whom they affectionately call "Aunt Annette" or "Aunt Ganette" as Zeke puts it. She gives them popcicles and suckers and they love her to pieces. She moved here after Matt had left on his mission from Alaska and has been telling the boys stories about him getting them excited to meet him and welcome him home. They were so excited to see him. They made a cute poster and we hung balloons and signs...
They were so excited to color a banner of their own to put in the yard. I loved what they drew... they all colored a picture of what they thought Elder Matthew would look like sense they had never met him before. Dallin drew a Book of Mormon and you can't see it, but he wrote, "How was it?!?" across the bottom. Hilarius! He really wanted all the details. He couldn't wait to get down there and talk to Matt and find out all about what a mission is really like. Not just what his mom {that's a girl and hasn't been on one} has told him, or what his dad, who's apparently too old to remember tells him of going to serve our Heavenly Father.
All ready for Elder Smith!
A funny side note: Derrick asked when we had finished decorating the yard what you get when you come home and I said, "THIS! a yard full of cool balloons and a big sign!" He said, "That's it? Really?" I said, "Yep! and a good feeling you served your Father in Heaven!" He said, "Well...can I have my own bag of candy too?" I said, "Sure! I guess." He said, "O.k. I guess I'll go then...IF I get my own bag of candy!" So funny! He makes me smile every day.






No comments:
Post a Comment