Saturday, March 10, 2012

A New Line Of Work...

Life is moving right along...after much thought...prayer..and tossing and turning at night to know what to do I decided to try to slow things down a bit.  I've been feeling lately like I was just watching my life instead of living it.  After the cruise and a little time to think I decided to quit my my job a Jo-Ann's and just stay home.  It's been a real leap of faith for me.  The turning point was when I read this quote I found on line about mothers...
"Mothers who know do less. They permit less of what will not bear good fruit eternally. They allow less media in their homes, less distraction, less activity that draws their children away from their home. Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying. These mothers choose carefully and do not try to choose it all. Their goal is to prepare a rising generation of children who will take the gospel of Jesus Christ into the entire world"

Julie B. Beck the General RS Pres said that and it was like a light went on in my head.  I decided to try a different path.  To do a little less for the world and a little more for my family and I.  I can tell you already that it's been a blessing.  It's been tight, but I don't feel like i'm sacrificing as much as we are all being blessed.  It's been hard some days, but worth it.  I feel better being home.  I feel like I'm doing a greater work.

That being said here are the changes so far...

I'm babysitting at home full time now and loving every minute!  I've decided three year olds are my favorite!
I am sewing like crazy!  Helping Dustin get his business to become even more of a success and making a few extra bucks on Etsy :)
I was just released from my primary calling that I LOVED and put in as the RS monthly meeting coordinator.  {I thought that was weird...Heavenly Father must have known I couldn't do that until I had a little more time not working.  I am excited to do something new, but admit that today was my first day out of primary and in RS in a VERY LONG time and I was having withdrawals.}
This change came at a great time and I admit that baseball was also a deciding factor...the season is starting off with a bang and three of my four cute boys are signed up and can't wait to get out there and PLAY Ball!!!

 Here's a few of my favorite pictures of my "New Job"...one of my favorite things is all the girl hair I get to do!  I LOVE it!  I love that they love me to do it.  The first thing Alyssa says when she gets here is "Amy, will you make my hair?"  It's so fun!  I've been buying bows and clips and barrettes and dress-up clothes like crazy!  They are so funny to listen to.  They LOVE to eat or "snack" as they call it.  Logan is such a good baby.  It's fun having one to cuddle again.  I haven't minded the mess one bit.  Actually to be truthful I feel like my house is cleaner because I'm always here.  It's a HUGE change for me being home all day, but I love it!  I love just being home.
These kids are so fun.  They are all giggles and get along pretty darn good for a pack of three year olds.  They stay very busy.  Alyssa says "Flowder" for flower and Zeke is always in the mix playing the boy aka {Santa Clause, or the rooster waking everybody up, or Peter Pan or the Prince} He's very boy, but they love it that he's the leader.  Peyton is a doll...she's a total GIRL!  Loves her long hair and very dainty.  She straps on the princess dresses the second she gets here and screams like a girl!  So funny!  Their conversations crack me up.  I am having a blast!

 

2 comments:

Luikart Family said...

Amy, I am so happy to hear you are taking life a little slower. I can't wait to do the same. I heard about your new calling and thought "Uh oh" but if you have quit your job and JoAnn's you'll now have a little more time. Your blog is so cute and your kids are adorable. Miss talking to you. I really need to get my kids to come play.

bladenfamily said...

You are such a good mom. I love that talk by Sis. Beck. She's the best. I'm glad you get to do little girl hair. I'm coming down next week for a few days. I"ll see when a good time for a visit is.