Thursday, November 6, 2008

Same old...Same old...

The first thing to report this week is that Dustin has managed to skin both legs up playing kick-ball on a league that his company plays for. He is such a kid at heart! Each time he comes home from a game he is covered in Red dirt from head to toe and usually says something to the effect of, "I had to slide to win the game!" I shoot him a "you are almost 30 years old, when are you going to quit sliding" look and he just smiles and limps to the bathroom to clean it up. This week however I just couldn't help snapping a picture. This whopper is on the opposite leg of the one that is usually hurt and is pretty bad. He said at first that it was just a surface wound, but I think not. The dog follows him around constantly licking at his wound trying to help...which naturally only hurts more. It's sad, but funny! The rest of us are doing great! Dustin's "mini-me's" as he likes to call the boys are constant smiles and imagination. I think we've finally got our school day schedule down pact and we have even been making it on time to the playground occasionally :) Life is good!

3 comments:

Chady said...

Well...I can only say I know how Dustin feels, you can't help but slide. You just can't get out you know! That's why I either wear long socks, or pant. LOL. Way to go Dust.

Melissa said...

Sure would hate to accidently kick that during the night:)

bladenfamily said...

Hey, thank you for the gift. You are unbelievably nice! Sorry you couldn't make lunch...where should we go for your birthday??