It's been so warm here lately that it really didn't feel like Christmas and I've really been missing the "winter-wonderland" of home in Salt Lake. Santa delivered early this year for me and we got some great snow. I couldn't go to sleep I just wanted to stay up and watch it fall...it was so peaceful and bright! The funny thing was to get the phone call before the snow even started falling that school was cancelled for a "snow-day". Back in my day up north this would have been considered a "skiff" and to school we would trudge. I was grateful though, it gave us a chance to catch up at home and the boys went out and played.On a funnier (well it will probably be funny someday, right now I'm not very happy about it) note, I found a glob of hair with gum in it in the bathroom garbage the other day and didn't think much of it. I had had the "Achievement Day" girls over the night before and assumed it belonged to one of them. Nope...I'm not that lucky. Later on I discovered Alex was missing most of the hair on the top of his head. Someone had obviously helped him with the task, but no one will fess up right now. I guess we can check the "gum in your hair" off the list of things that your kids do to drive you crazy! What a character that kid!
Remember when... We were driving in the car and Alex said, "Well...if we're gonna build a snowman we have to have a carrot mom!" Very matter-of-factly. He'd seen plenty of freshly built snowmen that day driving around town and none of them had a carrot nose, it must have disturbed him...LOL!



1 comment:
Hahaha I love Alex!!!! We can ALWAYS Count on him for a good laugh! Don't feel too bad about the snow IT IS COLD AND WET up here in Salt Lake. Your not missing much! Love you! :)
Post a Comment