Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Tradition!

We decorated gingerbread houses this weekend, it's one of the boys favorite traditions and they had a blast! Including Dustin, he got way into it, he even put "stucco" (sprinkles) on it. We made them with chocolate milk cartons from the school...way easy and fun! Pictured above are some of the highlights. Notice Alex's bald spot...hard to miss. Zeke's new favorite thing is sucking on a sock. Don't worry...it's clean. I put one of his own socks on his hand like a glove to occupy him while I was helping the boys with the house decorating and he loved it. He didn't make a peep for half an hour, and the best thing is the sock soaks up all the slobber so when you take it off he and the walker are clean as a whistle. Pretty ingenious I thought. I know it's pathetic, but when you're a mom and you find a little break like a slobber soaker-upper, it makes your day...LOL!

Remember when... Derrick went running out of the room and tripped over a box and said, "Oops! Sorry 'da box'." Like it was his best friend or something. We had to chuckle over that one.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Too cute Amy! I love the bald spot... made me laugh out loud!! :) the boys are way too cute you are truly blessed!

Melissa said...

Gotta love it!-You are a genius--:)

shawfamily said...

I love making gingerbread houses... we still have a kit sitting on our counter haha.. this year we didn't get to it thanks to me haha.. but it'll be super fun and extra stale for sturdiness next year right:)... LOve the sock.. ya gotta do what ya gotta do...:)anything to entertain these little ones.