Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Traditions...

For about four years now I have been really struggling with the "stocking issue" as I affectionately refer to it. I have wanted cute, handmade stockings and have made several attempts to do so, but I've hated them all. When my mom was down for my birthday, we spent the day sewing pillow cases for the kids for Christmas and she taught me a new trick for an inside-out seam. After weeks of thinking about it I decided I would again attempt the impossible and make more stockings, using my lessons as a guide! I am over the moon to report that I did it! I actually made stockings for all of us that I would use again the next year without embarrassment! I am very proud of them. They are uniform, country-ish, christmas-y and not too girly all wrapped up into one. They even have lining in them! I seriously can not believe I figured this out with no pattern or help! Whew! One more tradition in the bag!

I am also adding the pillow case tradition to the list as well. The kids loved it and they are darling! Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

way to get caught up! :)