Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alex...

Alex is growing up so fast! I know he's the middle child, and I am constantly feeling guilty that he get's pushed along with the crowd and not getting enough attention, but I've been told that's the role the middle child plays. He is getting so big! The other day I noticed how tall he's getting. He's very observant, and funny when you least expect it...
I never catch Alex without a ball in his hand. He's totally come out of his shell this year at the playground. He's been determined to do all the stuff the fifth grade kids can do, even if it means he has to get in their game to learn. He's got them letting him play H-O-R-S-E on the basketball court, he's played baseball and soccer with them. I would be terrified, but he dart out of the car the second we pull up and I don't see him 'till the bell rings. He has mastered the monkey bars, pumping himself high on the swing, shooting hoops and all sorts of other games. He can hardly wait to start kindergarten. He promised he'll get up with out bawling, eat and be on his way. He's counting down the days! Where did the time go? (Alex also had his "I'm going to Kindergarten check-up and he weighed 49 pounds and was 47 inches tall!)
Back to the observant part...the other day I had the day off of work so I thought I'd get dressed up, do my makeup and take the kids out for a fun day. Planned to go to lunch and do some shopping. I had just put the finishing touches on my hair and face when Alex walks into the bathroom and says, "Mom! Why did you put all those POLKA-DOTS on your face!?!" I said "What are you talking about?" He said you have all these red polka-dots all over your face!" (Yes I was a little hormonal, but nothing to be alarmed about!) I told him they were zits and he'd get a few when he grew up. He wrinkled his nose and said, "I will NOT be putting those on my face, they are ugly!!" and walked off. Nice huh? Guess the make-up didn't work that well. Time to try something new I guess. P.S. The "Polka-dots" are all cleared up now...no worries! :P

1 comment:

bladenfamily said...

He is so cute. Great pictures. How is your filter coming along? Mike surprised me yesterday and took me to get a new lens. I'm ready to just drive down there and spend a few days learning how to use our cameras.