Wednesday, September 8, 2010

He Did It!

Derrick's first day of Pre-school was eventful to say the least...
He was all smiles and couldn't wait to go to school!  We got there, took his picture and everything was great...until we got inside.  He was a little intimidated and didn't want to stay.  Ran out of the school and I had to chase him down and DRAG him back in there.  I finally just had to leave him crying.  I sat out in the car until another mom told me he was fine.  I felt like I had wronged him or something...sad.

This is what I found when I went to pick him up!  Smiles from ear to ear!  He had a great time!  Hurray!  He loves school!

A side note:
We were on our way home and he started digging through his backpack to show me all the things he got to do and he found some crayons and "lipstick" (lip balm) from who knows when.  Dallin used this backpack a few times and he wanted to use it too.  Anyway, he got all excited and said "Thanks Mom!  You put these crayons and "lip-stick" in just for me?!? You are just the greatest!"  I felt like a great mom...he was happy...life is good!!!

*Special thanks to the crayon/"lip-stick" fairy for making our day! LOL!

No comments: