One Hundred and Ten QUARTS!!! (That's the BIG Jars!) Need I say more?
The Church farm had a surplus this year of peaches and were giving them away to anyone who would take them. Whoot! So while I was at work Saturday, I asked Dustin if he would take the boys and grab some to can. I canned a ton last year and we've enjoyed them all year long! The boys love them so I figured why not? This is what I came home to... Four HUGE laundry baskets busting at the seams! They did an awesome job and we had our work cut out for us!
Dustin and I canned for four days straight! We bottled, boiled, dehydrated, you name it we did it! Grandma and Grandpa Herbison were down to bring Julie back from her knee surgery and Grandma made yummy cobbler. If you could do it with a peach we did... There is nothing like looking at all those jars on the counter though and knowing you have something to turn to when times get bad. They turned out beautiful! We are all stocked up again for another year! Wahoo!





2 comments:
Thank you for all the wonderful posts! I am very jealous of your peaches!!! Your pictures are looking great!
This is going into the newsletter!! I did four boxes and can't look at another peach. But I had to pay for mine...
Post a Comment