Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It can be Fall now...


This week has been a little crazy... crazier than normal anyway. On Monday Dustin's sister Kristi went to help pick peaches at the church farm and came back with the message that they had an overload of peaches and we could go and take what was left over. You know I can't resist anything that is FREE :) so we loaded up and went out to Hurricane to see what we could get. It was great. We got tons and tons, and you know me, when I find a great deal I love to share, so we (Dustin's Mom, Kristi and I) loaded up as many as we could for our family, friends and neighbors. I got all mine done Monday night...with the help of RaeAnn and Kristi (thanks guys...I don't know what I'd do without ya!) 56 bottles of yummy peach jam and 20 pints of sliced peaches. I sure feel better knowing I have a little something sweet on my shelf in case we don't have anything next year. I've been learning to make wheat bread this year, and it will be a treat with the jam on top! I agree with Dustin's mom... "It can be Fall now that we've canned a few peaches!"

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't wait to try your peach jam-and I'll remember with every bite your love sweat and tears:) Your blog look is cute--you are so crafty--I need to take some lessons--or you could just do it for me:) Love ya, Melissa

Lisa Provstgaard said...

Ok, seriously!!! You wear me out! Sheesh!!! Sit down and take a breath, and when you catch your breath..bring me a jar of peaches! You're awesome...when I grow up, I want to be as ambitous as you!!
Love ya, Lisa

Lisa Provstgaard said...

Oh, by the way...check out my blog--Postys Postings @ blogspot :)

Melissa said...

LOVED the goodies!! You have to check out Seriouslysoblessed blog--hillarious!!!!!!!!! Love ya