Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Deal or no deal...


Lately Alex has been obsessed with the movie The Chronicles or Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Alex loves to study things out, dress up like the characters and act the parts. It's cute and very funny. Over the past few weeks he has lived and breathed this show. We've seen it dozens of times. The rest of us are sick of it.
His favorite part is when Peter says, "We've come to see Azlan" and he takes out his sword and bows. Alex goes around all day (when he's not watching the show) with his light-saber, or a bat, or whatever stick he can find for a sword saying, "We've come to see Azlan!" It's hilarious! So a few mornings ago he wakes up and immediately comes in my room and says, "Mom can I watch The Lion and the Witch?" Dallin comes running in screaming, "No! I will not watch that show again!" this begins the usual morning battle. So I intervene and say, "O.k. you two make a deal. If Alex gets to watch the show this morning, Dallin gets to choose what to watch tonight." Dallin says, "O.k. the DEAL is we are NOT watching that show at all!" Alex retorts, "The DEAL is we ARE watching this show and we're watching it tonight too!" My deal idea was a bust, but it was funny to see what they came up with on their own. :P

3 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I love your new background. When do you want us to come put office on your computer? And let me know when I can come get the pictures you scanned in!

Melissa said...

I can picture Alex now--bowing around the house--too cute.

bladenfamily said...

A new low...so sad. Even worse, I let Carter wear his shirt to school on tuesday. Shoot me now!