
Alex, Alex, Alex...what will he think of next? The past few weeks I've been finding stuff (you name it) in Alex's underwear drawer every time I go in to put laundry away or make beds. Most of it is harmless and just toys he wants to keep away from his brothers, but lately he's been hiding food, candy, weird stuff. This is what I found yesterday. A licked empty frosting container with the spoon still in it, a pack of gum that he took from my purse without asking and the chewed pieces of gum to go with it---YUCK! and an empty skittles wrapper. First I laughed, then I worried...what if this is some sort of a cry for more privacy and nutrition, then I took a picture, had Dustin have a long talk about things that belonged to him and what to do with them and then we cleaned out the drawer and put his p.j's and underwear away. The parental chat was short lived however. The next day Julie brought over chocolate shakes for everyone (Thanks Julie---Yummy) and the next thing I know all the shakes are missing!!! So I set off on a milkshake hunt and didn't have to look very far before I found my little Alex leaning over his underware drawer with everyone's milkshake lined up in a neat little row with only the straws sticking out. He had a HUGE grin on his face---I now know what to get him for Christmas...a row of milkshakes! Unfortunately I had to burst his bubble and explain why it wasn't nice to take other peoples shakes and why it was not healthy. He was not happy with this at all and followed up with a lot of crying and stomping. I know this is just a phase, but I thought it was cute and very ingenious. Hey you have to be creative when you have little brothers with curious minds and sticky hands right?
On a lighter note, Alex's latest movie study is Spy Kids. I love to watch him "study" the show and then act it out later and pretend he's one of the characters. So cute! It's also hilarious when at very random moments he will recite lines from the movies and they fit right into whatever we are talking about. Like the other day Derrick dropped his spoon on the floor and Alex says to him, "Watch is butter-fingers!" I laughed out loud before I could help myself!



No comments:
Post a Comment