Monday, September 14, 2009

All is safely gatherd in...


At least the peaches anyway! I totally lucked out with an awesome sister-in-law who's Mom and Dad took the time to grow some fabulous peaches and she was kind enough to share with me! Thanks again C.J. for taking care of the fam' once again! I so appreciate it and will think of you when I need a quick salad on Sundays! :D Juli, The boys and I drove up to Fillmore yesterday for Tyson's missions report and she loaded us up with all of this gorgeous fruit and I mean tons and tons! I had no idea how I was going to get it all into bottles with Dustin in Atlanta, but a true angel in "mother-in-laws" clothing and an apron around her neck, showed up on my door-step to swoop in and save the day! I had no idea she was coming [hence me answering the door in basically my underwear -- seriously I have got to learn to get dressed the second I get up or it's never going to happen! :D] and she canned up most of what I had and then headed home. It was like a dream it went so fast, and now I can dream tonight instead of staying up until all hours doing it myself. I have no idea what to say except thank you for seeing a need and filling it. No questions asked, expecting nothing in return. You saved my day and I am truly grateful! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The peaches are beautiful in their jars (68 to be exact) and it's such a nice feeling to have them on the shelf! (If they make it to the shelf that is, I love looking at them on the counter!) Thanks again everyone for your never-ending support and love.
Tyson's homecoming was great! He did an awesome job reporting and being with family is always special. The food was yummy too! Those "Kelson Women" can cook! I'm glad I consider myself one, maybe it will rub off on me someday! It was so fun to see Becky and her family back together after two LONG years!


In other news Zeke is cutting teeth---AGAIN!!! He's been fevery and cranky and not much fun. I hope this ends soon! (Another reason I am grateful to RaeAnn for helping me with peaches. There is no way Zeke would have stood for me standing there instead of holding him.) Derrick's new funny words are "Yallet" [Wallet] and "Icky Bank" [Piggy Bank]. He is totally obsessed with money right now---he finds it everywhere and loves to carry it in his "Yallet!" Also the other day during a particular stressful moment he was bawling because he couldn't find the Buzz Lighyear underwear and I was busy. I yelled down the hall, "Derrick use the eyes that God gave you and look for them!" He came running up and said, "Mom God did NOT give me my eyeballs! Heavenly Father did!" I laughed out loud!
Dallin is doing awesome in school! I can't believe how smart he is! I am in awe at how much he knows and learns every day.
Alex's current drama still "Hook". He goes around growling at all of us and telling me that I've lost my marbles! Hilarious that kid! :D

3 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Wow, jealous! I would leave them there too. They are so pretty!

Brianne said...

awesome! thats a lot of peaches its funny cause Im working on some as we speak!

Melissa said...

You are amazing!