O.k. I'm not sure if it was just because Halloween was just around the corner or because we had just sprayed the house for bugs or because like in "Failure to Launch" we were not at peace with the creatures of the world, but boy did we have a creepy night! It started at about midnight when I was downstairs cutting vinyl for the boutique and I heard Derrick running around upstairs. Then I heard Dustin come down and said that while he was taking care of getting Derrick a drink he saw the biggest spider he's ever seen! Grose! I'm glad he found it and had to deal with it and not me. We both HATE spiders!!! About five minuets later he was going to hop in the shower and heard something in the tub---it was a mouse! Do not ask me how it got in there or the house either, but we were mortified. So off he went at one in the morning to Wal-Mart for a LOT of mouse traps!!! (The neighbors next door just bought the house and are re-modeling and digging up the patios and porches. I am assuming that our "mighty mouse" came from there. I say mighty mouse because he survived the night in the bathtub with two mouse traps set and ready to kill. Dustin decided that if he could somehow avoid dying while scurrying around the tub and actually sitting on the traps he deserved to live and he was released in an obliging field far FAR away from our house. Then while we were laying in bed (finally at around three in the morning) we heard this weird moaning sound. At first we thought it was Cloey having a dream (she does that sometimes...weird I know) but it went on and on and on. Finally I got up and went hunting for the peculiar sound. Dustin opens the door to the back deck from our room and there is a HUGE owl staring him straight in the face! I tried to get a picture, but just missed him. I think we spooked him off or he figured he wasn't going to get that mouse anytime soon! So by this time we were so freaked out by creatures sleep was not in our future. Today will be a very LONG day! Who needs a spook alley anyway? Happy Halloween! :D
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment