Thursday, October 29, 2009

We've been blessed and busy!

I have to start this post off with saying how truly blessed we have been this year. Although it's had it's challenges and there have been times we've wondered how we would manage to get everything done, in the end it all came together. We LOVE, Love LoVe our new house!!!! Dustin has been so busy and truly amazing with his talents as he has worked through each room with my endless wish lists and "favors". I had to post a few of my favorite things and the many changes that have taken place since we moved in. First off and my absolute favorite room in the house---the office! Can you even believe that we have an office? It is fabulous! We got some basic ideas from Melissa's den, and Dustin built in two HUGE desks, shelving all around the room, eight filing drawers and much much more. It is darling and functional. I LOVE it! He asked me if I wanted him to get me a sleeping bag so that I would never have to come out. I almost took him up on it. The picture does NOT do it justice and you'll have to come and admire his talent for building and creating in person, but believe me it's worth the trip! I have wanted a "picture" wall for as long as I can remember and I finally got a wall big enough to catch up with my brain. I bought all these frames at the DI for a total cost of $25 bucks, spray painted them, developed my most favorite random pictures of our family and viola---there you have it. SOOOO cute! We finished a spare bedroom for company, very cozy if I do say so myself. The boys call it "Grandma's room" and are anxious to have her come and try it out. I have been having the most fun decorating all the shelves in this house. It's given me an excuse to buy new holiday decorations and to keep on the look-out for next year, a favorite hobby of mine and now it has a purpose. The best part is I now have a place to put all this stuff. I went to work one Saturday and came home to find storage room shelves nearly done. Dustin is awesome! The funny story behind this one is that while he was building them the boys were as usual asking him (I'm sure more than a few times) what he was building and he kept telling them "bunk beds for you guys to sleep on down here" By the time I got home they were convinced they were sleeping in the storage room on a three bed high bunk bed and they were totally extatic about it. Last week I came home from work to find a built in entertainment center nearly complete and this week the surround-sound was installed (that was on Dustin's wish list not mine :D). It's all too good to be true. We have been blessed with a nice place to live and talent to make it what we need. I couldn't ask for more.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Can I borrow Dustin for a few weeks, I have lots of things I would like done at my house.

Amy and Dustin you are truely amazing.

Love,
Your Favorite Aunt Carolyn

bladenfamily said...

I covet your office. I can attest to the fact that it is literally unbelievable in person!

Melissa said...

Looks great!--You guys do nice work!

Anonymous said...

It all looks great. You guys are so talented!

Brittney Taylor said...

I am Soooooo jealous...I want a house that I can do all of that with ...some day maybe we will be blessed too...Love all the work he has done...it is all amazing...