Friday, March 19, 2010

Who says you can't have doughnuts for dinner?

It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does it's a party at our house! We promised the boys an ice cream cone if they were good at the grocery store...well...that turned into a root-beer float and a box of doughnut holes by the time we got home. (I know what you're thinking...sugar high...right?) Well we had a very late (semi-nutritious) lunch and we just needed a snack and some fun before bed. The boys were in heaven. Especially Alex and Dustin...LOL! Fun Memories :D

P.S.
This is a conversation I won't soon forget that took place earlier that day...in the car---everything funny happens in the car! Derrick is usually talking 90 words a minuet whenever we are in the car. It usually goes something like this:

"Mom where are we going?" "Mom where are we going next?" Mom did you see that guy" "Mom who was that?" "MoM!" "MOM!!" "mOM!!!" "Mom---Zeke is looking at me!" "Mom, when are we going home?"...you get the picture.

So on this day after Derrick being unusually quite for three whole minuets this is what we discussed:

Derrick: "Mom?"
Mom: Listening to music, ignoring the kids in the back.
Derrick: "MOM!" "MoM!!" "mOM!!!"
Mom: "What Derrick?"
Derrick: "Should you eat your boogers?"
Mom: "What!!!" "Huh?" "Yuck!" "No---Do NOT eat your boogers!"
Derrick: "So I should just pull it out of my nose?"
Mom: "Yes, pull it out of your nose, but do NOT eat it!" "That is gross!"
Derrick: "So then what? Just SET it on the floor? (I love that he said, 'Set' and not 'flick' LOL!)
Mom: "No. You should use a tissue!"
Derrick: "What the heck is a shoetiss?"
Mom: "A Kleenex."
Derrick: "A what?"
Mom: "A Kleenex."
Derrick: "A Nex-Clean? Mom I need some toilet paper I have a booger!"
Mom: Loosing it about now
Derrick: "Mom!"
Mom: Still driving on the way to pick Dallin up from school. Handing Derrick back some 'toilet paper'.

Dallin get's in.

Derrick: "Dallin you should not eat your burgers!"
Dallin: "We are going to get burgers, AWESOME!"
Derrick: "No! B-U-R-G-E-R-S!!!"
Dallin: "Mom are we getting a burger or not?!?"
Mom: Listening to music ignoring the kids. :D

2 comments:

bladenfamily said...

That kleenex conversation is priceless. They are so funny.
I am so jealous about your sunny weather. Why did we move? Nice action shots!

Brittney Taylor said...

That is hilarious...I am busting a gut...I have some funny conversations with Odin in the car too...so dang funny...