Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cousins!

Dustin's Mom called and said that Ryan and the kids were coming for a visit and so we decided to go up for the weekend too and take advantage of the cousins and the fun! We had a great time. CJ, DenniAnn, Kristi, Becky and I took all the kids swimming on Saturday for a couple of hours while Dustin and Tyler played with the surround sound, and they had a blast! I was thinking it would wipe them out and they would go home and sleep for a good long while, but no such luck. We went home to Grandma's for sloppy joes, the kids tanked up and they were off again to play in the backyard, until we made them come in to get ready for bed. I was pooped! I have no idea how they just keep going and going and going! We had a great time visiting and catching up and just taking it easy. We needed a break from work and life and it was fun to just relax. I totally fell asleep on the couch early on Saturday night after our big swimming adventure and I'm sure I was snoring. I love that old blue couch though...so comfy. Sunday after church Mom and Kristi attempted to get all the kids smiling in one picture. Zeke had a pack of fruit snacks and was not having anything to do with the picture. Dallin couldn't keep his bunny ears off of Derrick, and well...you try getting eight kids under age seven to cooperate and smile at the same time after sitting through three hours of church! Not our best moment, but a good memory. LOL!


Zeke was a little unsure at the pool for a while. It's been a few months sense we last went, but after he warmed up a bit to the idea, I couldn't get him out of there and he was having NO help in the kiddie pool, even though he was about 2 inches too short. I about had a heart attack a few times watching him go under! Both Dallin and Alex thought they were totally awesome sporting Jayden's goggles. They looked hilarious with them on. Thank heaven for DenniAnn. She was the only only brave enough to jump in with the kids and catch them off the diving boards, slides and to make sure Zeke didn't drown. She's a good sport and she loves the kids. I think she's still one of them at heart. I can't believe she's off to college this year. When Dustin and I met she was only eight and getting baptized. I feel old.

No comments: