Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Follow the Phrophet

After watching conference all weekend this was bound to come up....
I'm sitting in the office downstairs working and the kids are playing in the playroom next door. I hear this conversation:

Alex: "Derrick do you know Thomas Monson...he is a Prophet!"
Derrick: "Ya! I know him!" (Pretty sure at this point Derrick had no idea, just wanted to sound cool.)
Alex: "You know like on that song...(he starts to sing)
"Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet, Don't Go STRAIGHT!"

I was rolling on the floor! Derrick has been singing "Don't go straight!" all day sense. At least we are on the right track and they know who the prophet is and that they should follow him...even if it isn't straight!

P.S. We still sing our "Prophet and Apostles" song to the tune of One little, Two little, Three Little Indians every now and then to keep them fresh in our minds...can you name the first presidency and all twelve apostles? Try it! It's fun!

1 comment:

bladenfamily said...

That is so cute. Its a good thing little kids are funny...

p.s. 1.5 books left and I'm loving them.