Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Mom...there is a bug!"

O.k. this one's a doozy! I was rocking the baby to sleep today...for some reason he was having a hard time and Derrick was sitting on the couch watching a show. All of a sudden...really quietly witch is unusual for Derrick he says, "Mom...there is a bug!" I turn around to find a lizard crawling down the couch! I jump right up...go put the baby down and run to the neighbors to get one of their "big" boys to come and catch the lizard. I get back and ask Dallin where the lizard whet and he says, "there's a lizard...where?" So I tell him and Alex to go downstairs and I start looking for the lizard. All of a sudden Dallin yells "THERE IT IS!" and points down the stairs. I scream and say, "WHERE?!?" He starts laughing and says, "Just Kidding!" I'm so made and scared at this point I take after him down the stairs with one of their toy bats yelling, "You Don't Lie To Your MOM!!! He's still laughing! Anyway, I find the creepy creature and the neighbor kids chased him out the front door. By this time I'm practically in tears...I think I had totally had it. What a day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate! In Hawaii they are geckos and they are everywhere. Every time I come over here there is a least one in the house. Gives me the total creeps. They treat them like pets here. It's crazy.

Allie said...

Oh, I think I would have died.  I hate all creepy crawly things.  YUCK!!  Glad it was you, that is a funny one though.

Melissa said...

OK so it was a little bigger than your thumb:)

Holly said...

That is hilarious!!! Dallin tricked his old mom.... HA Ha HA Ha good for him.... pretty scary though---- stinkin' lizards! Derrick is the cutest dang thing... "mom there's a bug!" surprised he didn't go pick it up! what a hoot.... can't wait to see ya this weekend!

love you :)

Lisa Provstgaard said...

Well, at least you don't have flies and spiders if you have a "pet" lizard!