First off, Alex our never ending food critic, came home from school and told me all about the Valentine candy. He said the pink hearts with speckles were "sour-er-y" (his funny little word for tart) and that we shouldn't eat the blue hearts with speckles because they were just gross!
Then I came home from the playground to find my Valentine...a treadle sewing machine...soooo cute! This has a story behind it that I want to remember so you'll have to bear with me. A few months ago I found a treadle sewing machine for Dustin's Mom at the DI for a steal of a price. She's wanted one forever so I grabbed it (I had to fight off two other ladies and a guy who said he'd give me $100 cash on the spot for it) so by this time I was thinking, Hmmmm this must be something special. Anyway, I had it at my house for a few days and fell in love with it so I've been looking for one for me ever sense. I love to sew and this was just something cute that I wanted for some reason. She took hers up to a guy in Provo to get it cleaned and he said it was worth about $600 and couldn't believe what great shape it was in. Well last weekend, back to the DI we went for the lack of anything better to do and they had this cute red treadle machine, and it's a SINGER to boot (worth even more $$$). It was darling and of coarse I fell in love with it. I didn't really have the money for it though and we didn't have the room to bring it home so I didn't get it. Well to my surprise Dustin went back on Monday morning at opening time and got it for me. It's even more special because he said he had to fight off two ladies for this one and didn't dare leave it sitting there to find someone to put a sold tag on it so he had to just stand there for about 10 min. until a sales person came along. He hates the DI and fighting people for things so he must love me! ;) I am so excited and it's even cuter now than it was sitting in the store. Thanks Dusty! Love ya!
The end of the day was just as funny... we were watching the "Andy Griffith Show" (one of our favorites when there is nothing else decent on) and in this episode Aunt Bee and Opy were going to be gone and Andy was going to be home all by himself. He was telling a friend in the street that he was excited to just do whatever he wanted and the friend asked, "like what?" Andy said, "Oh you know like I could just take my shoes off and leave them on the floor in the middle of the room and walk around bare-foot...stuff like that." Then Dallin turns to Dustin and said, "Hey Dad, does he mean like when you leave your shoes in the middle of the floor?" Totally hilarious! Then Dustin said, "Mom does it too!" and Dallin responded, "No, Mom doesn't she's always telling us to put our shoes away!" Points for me :)



2 comments:
Dustin rocks--that sewing machine is adorable--red and everything!!
Totally jealous of your sewing machine. I can't believe the stuff you get there. And I'm diggin the cowboy hat. So cute!
Post a Comment