
Today was Dallin's first day of FiRsT gRaDe! He did awesome! I think I had more worries and anxieties then he ever thought about having. He said he wanted to ride the bus with the neighbor kids, got right up and dressed and off he went down the retaining wall in the back yard to meet the bus. Dustin and I (and Cloey, who was nervous and couldn't figure out what we were all doing up so early) stood out on the back deck and watched him get on and go off to learn about "Being a grown-up" as he puts it. As I was turning to come in and trying not to bawl I saw a hot-air balloon lifting off in the distance---it made me feel better. I admit I drove over to the school a few hours later (with the pre-tense of paying his lunch money-ya right) to see if he made it and was doing o.k. He didn't see me though and was out at recess having a grand time! This is the report I got after his big climb back up the retaining wall --- it's no little wall, I don't think I could do it!:
*His teacher is Ms. Hutchings---she is very nice!
*His new friend is Quinton (who also lives in the neighborhood)--he likes to talk a lot!
*He loves school lunch--it was so fun to eat with the other kids!
*The bus ride was cool and bumpy
*The bus driver asked everyone if they had a good day when she picked them up and all the other kids said it was o.k., but he said it was awesome!!!!
"We teach our children about life,
and they teach us what life is about!"
I love my kid! Such a great outlook on life and thinks of everything as a new adventure! We are so proud of you Dallin---you can do great things! Love you!



3 comments:
How cute...good pictures. I don't believe you have a child that old!!!
He made it! I wasn't too sure about you though--sounds like you did ok- :)
What? Already? He is so grown up and handsome as ever!
Post a Comment