Friday, August 28, 2009

Laugh out Loud!


If he didn't make me laugh...he would make me cry! Derrick---what a kid! From the weird faces he is constantly pulling [this is just a glimpse as to what he can do with that cute face of his], to the hilarious things he says...and does. Here are a few I wont soon forget:

-The other night I had just gotten Zeke and Derrick both out of the tub. I was hurrying to get Zeke all lotioned up, dressed and in bed and I told Derrick to just stand there wrapped up in a towel until I could help him. Not three seconds later I turn around and there he is with the lotion bottle on the floor and Vasaline lotion ALL OVER his body!!! I calmly [I have no idea how I kept my cool at this point] asked him what he thought he was doing and he quickly said, "look Mom, I did it myself! Isn't it beautiful?" Couldn't help but laugh, smile and cry at that one. So innocent.

-The next morning (7:45 in the a.m.) I was out cleaning out the car from the "road-trip" and he follows me out in his p.j's and starts jabbering away a mile a minuet. After about 20 minuets of non-stop questions I told him to "please go in the house, you are driving me crazy!" He goes in and about 10 minuets later comes back out, informs me that, "I went pooh Mom, and i'n not drivin' you crasey no more!" What am I gonna do with that kid?!?

-He has also decided that he is just as big as any adult in this world. He jumps right out of the car whenever we pull into a parking lot and proceeds to walk around until he has found a shopping cart that he thinks adequately meets HIS needs. I'm am sure the good people of St. George are sick to death of me going around all the parking lots yelling his name. We have had many talks about why this is not a good choice. In the end it's always, "Why Mom?" "Why Mom?"

I love the little grown up man that he thinks he is! It'll happen soon enough Derrick, try to stay small a little longer!

2 comments:

Chady said...

I can't believe how big your boys are!! They are such dolls. Cool toy boxes too, LOVE them!

bladenfamily said...

I am loving your fall background. polka dots are my favorite.