
We were running some errands and I wanted to run into Big Lots to see what was new for Fall. (...yes fall, I am sick of the heat!) I said to Derrick and Alex, "Do you guys want to come into Big Lots with me?" They both said "Yes," and I'm thinking great! This means they are both up for a little shopping adventure and they might actually behave because they made the conscious choice to come in and have fun. Anyway, then Alex yells from the far back seat of the van, "How many animals are there going to be in there?" What? Animals? What is he talking about? He's been to Big Lots before and there is NO animals. I said, "What do you mean, there is no animals in Big Lots." He retorts, "Well---I thought we were going to "PIG-Lots!" "It has a PIG in the name, there must be other animals in there!" Sadly, I had to tell him there was no "Pig" in the name and no animals either. He then said he didn't want to go in and my dream of a good shopping experience was out the window. They didn't go willingly and they weren't very good. We didn't stay long, but I did get a chuckle out of "PIG-lots!"
*Derrick gave saying "Big-Lots" a valiant effort as well, this is what he came up with--- "Blig-Locks" LOL! :D

We were at the playground and it was WAY HOT!!! (I can not tell you how forward I am looking to fall.) Derrick was being really good and just sitting with me and Zeke under a tree. All of a sudden he gets up and says, "Mom, I love you as big as the sun, but the sun is everywhere and I am going in!" This totally made my day! First of all because he loves me 'as BIG as the sun' even with all of my shortcomings as a mom and second, because he put that big of a sentence together all by himself! :D I love you as big as the sun too Derrick, and lots lots more!



1 comment:
Great, totally blurry pictures! Way to go. I like Pig lots too...bring on the fall! Hope your dvd burning is making you happy. I will miss our little chats...
Post a Comment