Friday, April 3, 2009

Conference Weekend...

Last week in Relief Society we had a great lesson on preparing our kids and families for conference. The teacher had some great ideas to help get everyone excited and involved in the conference experience. They ranged from Bingo games to snacks to dinner ideas. My favorite was the little song of first presidency and apostle names to the tune of "The 10 Little Indians". We've been working on it all week and I thought I was the only one that was getting it but I was pleasantly surprised today when out of the blue Alex opened right up and started singing..."Monson - Eyring - Uchtdorf - Paker - Perry - Nielson - Oaks and Ballard...etc! Dallin chimed in with him and between the two of them they made it to the end by themselves! Maybe they can hear me after all! Sometimes I wonder if things go in one ear and out the other. It's been fun learning all of them (even for me---I hate to admit I didn't know them all before this week) and I look forward to really putting faces with names this weekend.
What a blessing it is to have a prophet on the earth at this time! I hope everyone has the chance to really enjoy listening to him speak this weekend.

1 comment:

bladenfamily said...

My favorite weekends all year!!