
Yesterday I was at the DI looking for a hat for a sock monkey I am making (I know---weird thing to be looking for, but I can't find one anywhere else) and all of a sudden this kid comes up behind me in full Darth Vader ensemble breathing like Darth does. He even had a light saber attached to his pants. At first I thought to myself, who's kid is that and why would they let him go to the store with all his toys on? Open mouth---insert foot. It was MY kid. Alex, the never ending actor had found all of this stuff in the toy isle, put it on, and he wasn't leaving the store without it. I of coarse immediately made him take it off until we got home to scrub-scrub-scrub it, then he raced outside to ride up and down the street. I can't imagine how he could see out of the thing well enough to ride his bike, but he did. He was thinking he was awesome, and believe me---he was. You wouldn't believe the little boys that come out of the woodwork when Darth Vader is riding his bike up and down the street!
P.S. These are some of the funny things he says---(he said all of these words in one day by the way, and I couldn't help writing them down.)
"Woof!" - wolf
"Pone-tine" - pine cone
"Saw-chis" - sausage
"Hide in the Sink" - hide and seek
Dallin wanted me to add that he can't say exclamation mark. It comes out
"Ex-a-mation mark. He knows he says it wrong and he continues trying to get it right, it's funny to hear him try though.
1 comment:
:) I can totally picture Alex standing there breathing on you!
Post a Comment