Saturday, April 25, 2009

Stinky feet and a soft heart

Last night at dinner Alex randomly announces in his best loud voice, "This house smells like stinky feet!" You can imagine my dismay after all the deep cleaning I have been doing the past few days. Dustin and I looked at each other wondering where that came from and Dallin calmly said, "He learned that on 'Holes'." Whew! Alex's new favorite movie is Holes. It sounds like he is in the memorizing stage right now. He usually does that before he moves onto the next one. Because we are all sick of watching 'Holes', the movie Alex suggested for Friday night family time, we rented 'Marley and Me'. Cute show. At the end though I looked over and poor Dalllin was just sobbing. Poor little guy. I asked him if he was o.k. and he was clearly embarrassed that the show and this cute dog had affected him like that. I asked him if he wanted to get a dog like Marley and he said "No-they die in the end." Ohh---sad. He must have inherited my high water table. I boob over everything---poor kid. I hope he stays soft-hearted like that though. I wouldn't want him any other way.

P.S. Zeke is now scooting on his belly everywhere. A few more months and he'll be walking and then what will we do? He's a monster when it comes to touching things!

2 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I love holes. Have you read the book? It is better.

bladenfamily said...

My mom has it. I read it when I was younger. I think he would like it. It is funny.